The Language Friendly School is featured in the press and in the following publications:
- Podcast in English about and with multilingual children Kletsheads welcomed Ellen-Rose Kambel and Erika Hoff about the Language Friendly School and bilingual development.
- Podcast in Dutch about and with multilingual children Kletsheads welcomed Ellen-Rose Kambel and Orhan Agirdag to discuss multilingualism, school success and the Language Friendly School.
- Thesis for the teacher academy about a language school for newcomers and its language friendliness: Van taalschool naar taalvriendelijke school (2021).
- Clinica Babilonica (2021) Is jouw school al taalvriendelijk (genoeg)? [is your school already language friendly (enough)? is a post on a blog for parents about multilingualism in the Netherlands.
- Auger, N. & Le Pichon, E. (2021). Défis et richesses des classes multilingues : Construire des ponts entre les cultures. [Challenges and opportunities of multilingual classrooms: Building bridges between cultures]. Coll. “Pédagogies” ESF Sciences Humaines
- Lidy Peters, one of the driving forces behind De Dubbeldekker becoming a Language Friendly School, wrote a book about the school’s journey: Talen die de school in komen: De praktijk op een multidiverse basisschool [Languages that enter the school: practices at a multidiverse primary school].
- The Language Friendly Roadmap is featured and described in a book titled: Powerful Practices for Supporting English Learners: Elevating Diverse Assets and Identities (2021)
- In the Volkskrant, Dutch daily paper, this Letter of the Day appeared: Kinderen die hun voorkeurstalen bij het leren mogen inzetten kunnen juist hun volledige taalreservoir en leerpotentieel benutten (Froukje Hoobroeckx & Ellen-Rose Kambel, 2021).
LinkedIn article by Ellen-Rose Kambel: Enes is meertalig en voor straf mag hij een bladzijde uit een woordenboek overschrijven [Enes is multilingual and he has to write a page from a dictionary as punishment] (2020).
- Language Friendly Pedagogy and Children’s Well-Being. The Language Friendly School was highlighted as a top ten leading innovation in bilingual education by HundrED.org. This article serves as a celebration of the International Mother Language Day (HundrED.org; 2021).
- Multilingualism is wealth, not a problem: a blogpost by the school board of De Dubbeldekker. De Dubbeldekker verkrijgt predicaat Taalvriendelijke School. (in Dutch; 2021)
- De Dubbeldekker’s celebration of becoming a Language Friendly School was featured in the local newspaper: ‘The use of mother tongues will never be prohibited again at our school” (in Dutch; 2021).
2019 – 2020
– Dutch teachers get to grips with multilingualism. This article reports on an online event by Heritage Languae Schools Eindhoven and a few Language Friendly Schools in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
– Taal is echt hun ding (Language is actually their thing) is an article in the Dutch education journal Didaktief (2020).
– Kambel, E.-R. & Le Pichon, E. (2020). Kieliystävällinen koulu [Language friendly school]. In J. Alisaari, E. Jäppinen, N. Kekki, R. Kivimäki, S. Kivipelto, K. Kuusento, E. Lehtinen, A. Raunio, E. Repo, S. Sissonen, M. Tyrer & H. Vigren Kielestä koppi – Op
-School Education Gateway published a blogpost titled No learning without understanding: plurilingual practices in the classroom (2020).
– Hurwitz & Kambel (2020) Redressing language-based exclusion and punishment in education and the Language Friendly School initiative.
– Le Pichon, Siarova & Szonyi (2020). The Future of Language Education in Europe: Case-studies of innovative practices. NESET II report, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
– Ellen-Rose Kambel was interviewed for Dutch national radio on the topic of ethnic and cultural differences in education. (NPO Radio 1, 22 July 2020)
– The Language Friendly School at SALTO-School Floralaan is captured in a video and an article by local newsoutlet Studio 040 (2020).
– A Language Friendly Sauce. An article about the St. Janschool in the Dutch journal on education Didaktief (2020).
– Meertaligheid in het basisonderwijs– SLO Research Report on the integration of multilingual didactics in primary education, according to the Curriculum.nu project. (in Dutch; 2020)
– Principal Arabella Ganzeman of SALTO-school Floralaan writes about the Language Friendly School in a Dutch blogpost on Spijtenburg.nl. (2020)
– Multilingualism and home languages in newcomers’ classes in secondary education. A comparison between DENISE and Kopklas Amsterdam. (Dutch Bachelor Thesis; Lijntje Nijkamp, 2020)
– The Language Friendly School as explained by Optimist International School in The Holland Times (2020).
– St. Jan as the first Language Friendly School in the Netherlands (ASKO blogpost in Dutch, 2019)